Interested in joining us? Follow the steps below:
- Learn more about DTR by browsing this website, reading the agile research paper, or watching the documentary.
- Complete the application form to tell us more about you, and when you can meet with us. You should apply in the quarter prior to the one you wish to join DTR (e.g., to join in Spring 2022, apply during Winter 2022). Applications should be submitted within a few days of the quarterly DTR Open House (usually in the middle of the quarter), or by week 5 or 6 of the current quarter. Applications received after this will be reviewed as part of next quarter's cycle.
- We will contact candidates to interview within a week. We look for students who are exceptional in their design, technical, and/or research abilities. This may be evidenced through classes you have taken, projects you have led and worked on, personal growth, etc.
- During the one hour interview you will meet with two student teams and one faculty mentor. The meeting gives you an opportunity to learn about the program, the people, and the projects. It gives us a sense of your design skills, technical ability, and research feel.
- We will select the best candidates to join DTR, based on expertise, growth potential, and fit. Following our decisions, we will schedule followup meetings to brainstorm and define a direction for research before the next quarter starts.
We take the process of selecting and training students seriously. Most DTR students continue until they graduate (by choice!). Our goal is to foster an evolving community of dedicated, interested students.